5 Easy, Healthy & Refreshing Summer Coolers in 2021
It’s only the onset of summers and it already seems like it’s going to be warm and sweaty in the months to come.
As the temperatures begin to soar higher with each passing day leaving everyone feeling fatigued, sweaty, and messed up. Staying hydrated is the most important factor to keep going in this sweltering heat and maintain good health. Your body tends to lose water at a faster pace due to excessive sweating. Staying well-hydrated is key in the sweltering heat to stay in the best of health. While water is the utmost important drink to quench your thirst, you can try other summery beverages that not only satisfy your thirst but also keep your body cool. As we welcome summers, let us refresh and replenish our bodies with some of the best summer beverages in order to beat the heat. Packed with ice and all things nice, our list of summer coolers is sure to help beat the soaring temperatures this summer.
Summers are full of a variety of fruits that cool down your body and contain lots of water. The surprisingly delicious coolers made with refreshing fruits contain all the essential nutrients one would require during the summertime. The best thing about these coolers is that they are really healthy and have really eye-catching colors, which would for sure attract thirsty souls.
Quench your thirst with these easy summer cooler recipes that you can prepare in a jiffy for your family and friends. Since the ingredients can be found easily at your home, preparing them is easy and doesn’t take much time. These summer coolers can easily pair up with your lunch and leave a refreshing taste. We suggest a bunch of summer drinks that you must not miss out on.
Rich, refreshing, and super easy-to-make, Thandai is a perfect drink for the festive occasion of Holi and Shivratri. This thick and luscious drink is packed with dry nuts and flavored with fragrant spices It is quite refreshing to drink and is loaded with some rich ingredients like dry fruits, seeds, and saffron. It’s completely gluten-free, vegetarian, and it’s super addictive!
• To make Thandai soak dry nuts, peppercorns, poppy seeds, cardamom, fennel seeds and watermelon seeds in water for at least 2 hours. You may leave them for overnight for better results. Then, grind everything well and make a paste of it.
• This mix of spices and nuts is then mixed with milk along with sugar, saffron and rose water.
• Once you have mixed in the spices-nut mixture with the milk, set it aside for around 1 hour so that the milk absorbs all the flavors. Because we eventually strain the mixture it’s important for the milk to absorb the flavors before we do that.
• Thandai is supposed to be served chilled, it doesn’t taste half as good when it’s at room temperature.
• The quantity of sugar and the amount of spices in this recipe can be adjusted to taste. If you want stronger flavors in your Thandai, add more of peppercorns that for little heat or more of the fennel seeds for that cooling effect.
2. Muskmelon Shake
Muskmelon or cantaloupe is a lovely sweet fruit with a soft flesh and lots of water content. It is one of the best summer coolant fruits available across India during the summer season. Muskmelon has lots of health benefits. It aids in weight loss, good for eyesight, treats kidney stones, boosts immunity and many more. Many people love to eat this musk melon in a fruit salad or eat it as such. It is naturally refreshing due to its high water content which makes it the perfect thing to sip on during a hot summer day. You can enjoy your Muskmelon Milkshake cold and fresh! You’re guaranteed to love this Add ice cream if you are making for kids. It adds richness & creaminess to the milkshake.
• Place muskmelon chunks and sugar in an electric blender and blend until smooth.
• Add vanilla ice cream.
• Blend again.
• Add milk and blend well, till frothy.
• Pour into tall chilled glasses.
• Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream and garnish with finely chopped nuts of your choice to each glass.
• Serve immediately while still frothy.
3. Strawberry Milkshake
The gloriously pink Strawberry milkshake is fresh, creamy & flavourful. It is a refreshing healthy drink to recharge your energy levels. Good for kids as well as a breakfast beverage. You simply can’t resist gulping this rich & creamy shake. It requires just 4 ingredients and gets ready in 5 minutes. Simply heaven with some custom touch…. must try !!!
• Wash and pat dry the strawberries.
• Remove the top and cut the strawberries in halves.
• Place the halved strawberries in the blender jar and add ice cream, sugar and milk to the strawberries.
• Blend for ten to twelve seconds until everything is mixed.
• Serve chilled in glasses and top with vanilla ice cream and garnish with tutty fruity.
4. Watermelon Mojito
This fabulous refreshing summer watermelon mojito is made with few simple ingredients and incredibly easy to make. These Watermelon Mojitos are fancy in look, super refreshing and delicious! Made with fresh watermelon and mint, sugar, lime juice and a splash of fizzy club soda, these perfect mocktails are made for lazy summer days.
• Cut the watermelon, remove all the seeds and chill them for a few hours before making the drink.
• In a blender, blend watermelon, fresh mint leaves, lime juice and 1 teaspoon sugar until smooth.
• Fill one-third of the glass with the orange juice, add watermelon juice mixture and then top it with soda. Garnish with a watermelon slice, lime rounds, and mint leaves. Serve watermelon mojito chilled.
Mango Mastani is a popular Mango Drink sold in Pune. It’s basically rich and thick Mango milkshake topped with ice cream, chopped nuts, and tutti frutti or Sweet Candied Fruit. This is a fabulously decadent & gorgeous mango milkshake. Mango Mastani is mango lovers pure delight. This milkshake is all about prettifying the mango milkshake with different textures and colors. So the topping of colorful tutti frutti, glazed cherries, and chopped nuts make Mango Mastani more divine and desirable.
It’s indeed a delicious summer treat for all mango lovers!
• Add mango pulp or freshly chopped mangoes to the blender. Add milk followed by vanilla ice cream. Add sugar if the mango is not sweet enough.
• Blend it all together to make a smooth puree without any additional water. Keep the prepared mango milkshake aside in the fridge for now.
• Make a layer of chopped mangoes in the serving glass.
• Pour the chilled thick shake in serving glasses. Fill up to 3/4 of the glass. Top it with vanilla ice cream, chopped nuts like almonds, pistachios, and saffron.
• You can also add some chopped mango, glazed cherries, jelly, and/or tutti frutti on top for garnish. Serve immediately.
If you’re looking for colorful, fresh, fruity drinks that are refreshing and perfect for summer, these are five homemade heavenly drink ideas which are impressively beautiful, fresh, and delicious.